All right, so when I am working really hard on something, my estimates of time tend to be a little longer than things actually take, because I fail at taking breaks.
So here is Skyrim Academy v0.7, and this update is a pretty massive one.
Here’s a small list of SOME of the things that have been added with the 0.1 increase:
- Added the bases for a couple of new areas. Nothing much yet, but the club building and the sports hall now exist.
- This one should have been in the update notes for the last update, as well as this one, but added background music for all areas. Different areas have different tracks. I forgot to credit it in the readme, but all the music comes from the Persona 5 Fan OST. If you like the tracks, you can listen to the whole massive compilation of music here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATLUSxP5
- FINISHED the main school building, including a main gate with some pretty LOD and some dirty little secrets which you can read about in the full changelog in the readme.
- Did all kinds of optimisation, such as decreasing the number of shadow casters in the maps. This should pull some extra FPS for some, at the expense of a little realism.
- Combined the .esp/.esm pair into one single .esp, and packed files into a compressed .bsa. This means the mod is now easier to install, and takes up 1/3 of the space on your hard drive. On top of that, I will be using the .bsa format from now on, so the mod will be simple to upgrade to future versions. HOWEVER, PLEASE READ THE UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS. They’re important this time.
- You now get a spell to take you to the school, and can fast travel out of the main building, so no more developer console like a beta tester.
- Lots of other little fixes, improvements and just general better-than-the-last-version-ness.
I also just wanted to take a moment this time around to offer a thanks to Higeyoshi. I’m sure some of you have seen his classroom studio mod. It was that mod which, in part, inspired this mod.
Here’s the download link, and I hope you all enjoy the update: http://mod.dysintropi.me/mods/Skyrim/SkyrimAcademy.7z
I don’t know when the next update will be, since I intend to take a little break from all this modding, but you can expect it sooner, rather than later.