First of all, let me start by saying that I am
neither dying, nor quitting modding not dying, and I’m not quitting modding either. It just seems to me that after 2 years of Skyrim modding (and year or two before that with other games) it was about time I just stopped and said thank you.
So, like I said, it’s been roughly 2 years now since I started modding Skyrim. I don’t keep track of anniversaries, so I can’t say for sure when the exact dates were, but in that time, a lot of people have supported me, and helped me out, and I just wanted to say some thankyous, both to specific people and communities as a whole. I have no idea how to go about this, so I’m just going to mention people or communities as they come to mind.
- HoneyVanity and Eiries, who will pretty much always be first on one of these lists: Thanks to you guys for constantly inspiring me, helping me out, and just generally always being support when I need it.
- /tesg/ Sweetroll Edition steam group: For being a nice place to hang out and also to rant when I’m getting mad at the CK.
- /tesg/: I know you guys don’t like me, but I like you, and I’m grateful for the help and support some of you have provided over time.
- Dem Waifus: Similarly to /tesg/se, a cool place with cool and helpful people.
- Bohan: Recipient of half the angry rants I make, and just generally a helpful individual, and a cool guy.
- Novajam: Recipient of the other half. Best mod tester ever.
- Xenoziel: My biggest fanboy. Yup yup.
- Fyurifakku: Come back. ;_;
- Guardly: tesgeneral.com owner, and a big supporter.
- Shippin: The only modder who ever supported my body mods. You have no idea how much I appreciate THAT. It’s nice to not be the only one converting outfits for them.
- Dragonporn: One of my biggest supporters, and soleley responsible for popularising a lot of my mods. Many thanks.
- LoversLab: Probably one of my biggest supporting communities. I know that you guys use my pose mods and the aether suite a hell of a lot, and you also produce some fantastic mods. You have modders like Aradia and Belisario doing various amazing works in the community as well. I appreciate the work you all put in, and I appreciate the support for my mods.
- Everyone whose outfits I’ve converted: Thank you for either giving me permissions, or providing open permissions on your mods. You are the best kind of modders.
- tumblr’s Skyrim community: A bunch of very awesome folks who make some great mods and take some amazing screenshots. I appreciate the mods, and I appreciate the support.
- shadowofdrox/InsanityMan: Creator of some of the most unique and often inspiring screenshots around, and an all round stand up guy.
- Brave Mustaine: Most awesome GM ever, plus I totally ripped off one of his characters.
- The Nexus: This is a generalisation. There are a lot of people and things I don’t like about the nexus and its community, but it also houses some stand up folks, and some amazing modders, without whom the whole Skyrim community would be lost.
- fore: He made FNIS. If I didn’t thank the guy who made my most popular mod possible, I’d be a pretty shitty person. FNIS is an amazing tool, made by a total genius.
- Boris Vorontsov: ENB creator. Certifiable genius. The reason Skyrim screenshots look so reel.
- Everyone whose mods I host: Thank you for making mods, and thank you for trusting me to host them.
- dimon99: Creator of UNP, which I eventually turned into UNPCM… after a hell of a lot of modification.
- Sims hair modders: Unwitting providers of most of the hair mods us Skyrim players use. Whether you gave your permission or not, I still think you should be thanked.
- AND MY DONATORS, WHO I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION, LIKE A DOUCHE: You guys on occasion help me to pay for this blog, and I most definitely appreciate the help.
Those are some folks I specifically wanted to name, but I also want to thank everyone else. I know there might be some of you out there wondering why I didn’t name you specifically, and honestly, it’s because if I named everyone ever, I’d probably be here for the next 6 to 8 hours. However, I also want to thank everyone who visits my blog and uses my mods. I appreciate all of your support, and I am grateful that you enjoy my work. Waking up and finding a nice comment on my blog makes my day a little better from the start.
Okay… so that was a bit gushy, but it’s important to just say thank you sometimes.
Edit: Added a few more lines I felt needed to be added.